WRLDC is the apex body to ensure
integrated operation of the power system in the Western Region.
The main responsibilities of WRLDC are:
- Monitoring of system parameters and security.
- To ensure the integrated operation of the power system grid
in the region.
- System studies, planning and contingency analysis.
- Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate
- Daily scheduling and operational planning.
- Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges.
- Computation of energy despatch and drawal values using
- Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.